At Exosome Diagnostics, we foster a dynamic, entrepreneurial approach to translating cutting-edge science into real clinical products to benefit patients. Exosome Diagnostics offers the potential for significant corporate growth and rapid career development. We encourage an honest exchange of ideas and a culture of fair play to get the most from the exceptional people who work here.
Exosome Diagnostics is recruiting in the following areas:
- Molecular Diagnostics Research (scientists and technicians)
- Product Development (Life Science Tools and Molecular Diagnostics)
We are always looking for exceptional employees, so even if none of the listed positions are a perfect match to your profile we encourage you to submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org describing what you can add to the team. If you are not applying for one of the specific positions listed, please put "career inquiry" in the subject line.
Finance and Administration Manager  Cambridge, MA
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit an application (Word or PDF format) to email@example.com with " Finance and Administration Manager" in the subject line of the email.
Exosome Diagnostics develops biofluid-based molecular diagnostic tests for use in personalized medicine. Exosomes and other microvesicles are shed into all biofluids, including blood, urine and cerebrospinal fluid, forming a highly enriched source of intact nucleic acids. Exosome Diagnostics' proprietary technology makes use of this natural enrichment to achieve high sensitivity and specificity for detecting rare transcripts of the genes responsible for cancers and other diseases.
We have recently opened our new headquarters and R&D laboratory in Cambridge, MA and are looking for an experienced Finance and Administration Manager to help lead the function through our next phase of growth. This role will be pivotal to ensuring the Company has the controls and processes in place to support both ongoing operations as well as a potential IPO in 2015. Reporting directly to the CFO, this is a great opportunity for personal and professional development with the chance to influence and contribute in the dynamic working environment of a rapidly growing company that is developing a cutting-edge technology for molecular diagnostics in personalized medicine.
This position requires an individual with an entrepreneurial mindset who is adaptable and able to fill different roles and responsibilities as the Company grows. Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with and build productive working relationships with various levels, functions and teams are critical to the role.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- All general ledger and accounting responsibilities, including:
- Invoicing/Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Journal Entries
- Monthly Close
- Preparation and analysis of Financial Statements, Management Accounts and other reports
- Monthly consolidation of the results of operations from our USA (Massachusetts and Minnesota) and German (Munich) facilities
- Development of budgets and tracking of progress against plan
- Working well with our auditors
- Contract management
- Benefits administration and assistance with new hire onboarding as needed
- Other duties and projects given by the CFO
- College degree
- 5–10+ years' relevant experience, preferably in a venture-backed life science company looking to grow
- Attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to own the general ledger and ensure compliance with company policy and other statutory requirements
- Familiarity with Quickbooks, Intuit Payroll, Concur and other such software packages and the ability to optimize those tools to help deliver value to a growing organization
- Self-motivated with the know-how to prioritize and schedule multiple concurrent projects
- Good communication skills, positive attitude and the ability to work well with others
- Excellent work ethic with high energy level
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- An attractive location in the vibrant Boston/Cambridge community of biotech and academic research
- An exciting, growing business with a team driven to achieving success
At Exosome Diagnostics, we are translating cutting-edge science into real clinical products to benefit patients and doctors. We are developing and commercializing clinical in-vitro diagnostics with our industry partners Qiagen, Eli Lilly and other leaders in personalized medicine, offering the potential for significant corporate growth and enhanced career development. We encourage the honest exchange of ideas and a culture of collaboration within the company, to help the exceptional people who work here to excel and to reach company goals.
Clinical Laboratory Manager  St. Paul, MN
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit an application (Word or PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org with " Lab Manager" in the subject line of the email.
Exosome Diagnostics is seeking a highly motivated individual for a full-time position as Laboratory Manager in our CLIA laboratory in St. Paul, MN, which focuses on molecular oncology using novel biofluid analysis. Exosome Diagnostics is actively engaged in developing cutting-edge science and applying these assays to clinical challenges through new test and technology development. In this key role, the Laboratory Manager will work closely with the Laboratory Director to oversee the general management of the laboratory and engage in hands-on laboratory bench activities.
Desired education and experience is a PhD degree with a minimum of five years previous laboratory experience in a clinical molecular diagnostics setting (CLIA).