Laboratory Technologist [Ref 26758] – Cambridge, MA
Exosome Diagnostics is a privately held company focused on developing and commercializing revolutionary biofluid-based diagnostics to deliver personalized precision healthcare that improves lives. Exosomes are messengers released by all living cells into biofluids, such as plasma/serum, urine, cerebrospinal fluid and saliva, forming a highly enriched source of RNA, DNA and proteins from their cell of origin. Our proprietary exosome-based technology platform can yield comprehensive and dynamic molecular insights about cells in the body without direct access to the actual cells. Through this novel technology, we are focused on transforming how cancer and other serious diseases are detected, diagnosed, treated and monitored. In 2016, we will launch multiple diagnostics, including liquid biopsy tests for lung, prostate and other solid tumor cancers.
We are expanding our CLIA laboratory in our Cambridge facility and are seeking a Laboratory Technologist with experience working with nucleic acids in a CLIA environment. This position provides an opportunity to participate in an entrepreneurial company that is bringing its proprietary technology into clinical service. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of CLIA requirements, will assist in the development and validation of Laboratory Developed Tests (LDTs) for diagnostic and clinical trials testing, and will be responsible for performing testing for a variety of biomarkers.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biological sciences or clinical laboratory sciences.
- Current certification or certification eligible with ASCP (American Society of Clinical Pathologists) as a MLS – Medical Laboratory Scientist, MT – Medical Technologist, MLT – Medical Laboratory Technician, or specialist, if applicable.
- 0–2 years of laboratory experience in molecular biology techniques in a laboratory handling clinical specimens.
- Perform complex molecular biology procedures at the Cambridge facility under the supervision of the Clinical Laboratory Director.
- Contribute to laboratory test development optimization, validation and verification using cell and molecular biology techniques such as:
- RNA and DNA Extraction
- PCR and RT-PCR
- Nucleic Acid Sequencing or Array Analysis
- Operate in accordance and compliance with all internal and external regulatory procedures.
- Maintain detailed, accurate and up-to-date lab records and electronic notebooks.
- Will in the performance of their duties, use appropriate laboratory safety procedures, including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Assist in the technology transfer to clinical laboratory partners by providing training and support.
- Collaborate with Exosome Diagnostics technical and research staff for the development of Exosome Diagnostics technology for clinical and diagnostic commercialization.
- Assist in the development, preparation and writing of Exosome Diagnostics scientific and technical publications.
- Organize and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Provide training, as directed, in the use of facility and equipment with relevant education, protocol development and proper use and maintenance of the laboratory space and equipment.
- Maintain supplies and reagents to support an efficient and productive work environment and other duties as assigned.
- Work productively in a team environment.
Responsibilities also include:
- Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient samples.
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies, document all quality control activities and perform instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance.
- Follow the laboratory’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the established acceptable levels of performance.
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary/ benefits package and an attractive location in the vibrant Boston/Cambridge community of biotech and academic research.
- Opportunities to enhance your career with an emerging organization poised for significant growth.
How to apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume (Word or PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put  Laboratory Technician in the subject line.