LIMS Development and Automation Engineer  (Waltham, MA)
We are scaling operations at our Waltham facilities and seek an Automation Engineer who will help us define, expand and maintain our automated laboratory workflows and the supporting information systems (LIMS). This position requires a proactive individual who will quickly grasp big picture requirements and is equally capable of execution within a fast-paced environment of shifting priorities. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with excellent communication and organizational skills. This position is based in our Waltham location and will report directly to the Automation Lead.
• Development and maintenance of LIMS system supporting Dx and CDx applications including all integration points (clinician portal, automation, ERP).
• Development of clinician-facing portal for order placement and sample tracking.
• Programming and maintenance of Hamilton robotic platforms for automation of Dx and CDx workflows, including but not limited to proprietary exosome extraction, qPCR, NGS.
• Contribute to the development of our cloud-based NGS analysis framework.
• Documentation of SOP’s for automated workflows.
• Coordinate with our Quality team to validate LIMS and automated workflows.
• Work alongside Sales and Customer Service teams to establish and document requirements for LIMS, clinician portal and automation products.
• Bachelor’s degree in any biological science or engineering discipline. MS preferred.
• Excellent knowledge regarding the development and support of LIMS systems including design considerations and constraints.
• Knowledge of at least one commercial LIMS environment.
• 1+ years of experience porting complex workflows on to automated/robotics platforms
• Experience with Hamilton robotics preferred.
• 2+ years of experience developing and maintaining LIMS systems in support of diagnostic and/or companion diagnostic assays
• 2+ years programming experience in a high-level language such as Java, Python, Ruby
o Java and Python experience preferred
• Ability to communicate and cooperate effectively with multiple teams in a multidisciplinary environment
• Comfort with shifting priorities and ability to quickly adapt
• Experience working within an agile development cycle and the supporting tools/methods including source control, SCRUM, etc.
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices is a major plus.
• Knowing your way around a molecular biology lab is a major plus.
What we offer:
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• Exciting and engaging projects within a world-class team
• Excellent opportunities for professional growth
• An attractive location in the vibrant Boston community of biotech innovation and cutting edge academic research.
At Exosome Diagnostics, we encourage honest exchange of ideas and a culture of collaboration within the company to help the exceptional people who work here excel to reach company and personal growth goals.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter (Word or PDF format) to email@example.com. Please put 2674834 Bos (Director of Information Systems) in the subject line.