Exosome Diagnostics to Present Data at the 26th AACR-NCI-EORTC International Conference on Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics
Cambridge, Mass., Nov. 6, 2015—Exosome Diagnostics, Inc., a developer of revolutionary, biofluid-based molecular diagnostics, announced that the company will present two posters at the 26th AACR-NCI-EORTC International Conference on Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics, taking place November 5-9 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, Mass. The first poster contains new data on the company’s exosomal RNA (exoRNA) plus cell-free (cfDNA) liquid biopsy panel for solid tumors, which demonstrates superior detection of activating and acquired resistance mutations to EGFR therapy in patients with non-small cell lung cancer versus a cfDNA-only approach. The second poster demonstrates the ability of the company’s proprietary exoRNA technology to enrich cancer specific exosomes in order to more precisely determine tumor-specific gene changes in response to immunotherapy treatment.
The presentation details for the AACR-NCI-EORTC conference are as follows:
- Poster Title: “Plasma EGFR mutation detection using a combined exosomal RNA and circulating tumor DNA approach in patients with acquired resistance to first-generation EGFR-TKIs” (#15-A-456-AACR)
- Date/Time: Saturday, November 7 from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. ET.
- Description: The study evaluated the ability of Exosome Diagnostics’ exoRNA plus cfDNA plasma-based liquid biopsy panel for solid tumors to detect activating and acquired resistance mutations to EGFR therapy in patients with NSCLC versus a cfDNA only approach
- Poster Title: “Early exosome mRNA changes are associated with improved progression free survival of metastatic melanoma patients on ipilimumab: Identification of a novel exosome mRNA signature of ipilimumab response” (#LB-C05)
- Date/Time: Sunday, November 8 from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. ET.
- Description: The study evaluated the ability of the Exosome Diagnostics’ proprietary exoRNA technology platform to enrich cancer specific exosomes in order to more precisely determine tumor-specific gene changes in response to immunotherapy treatment.
Exosome Diagnostics is advancing a suite of innovative liquid biopsy tests based on its proprietary, exosomal RNA-based ExoLution™ platform to enhance mutation detection, screening and drug-resistance monitoring for lung, prostate and other solid tumor cancers, with multiple launches planned by the end of the year. The company is also exploring the development of exosome-based diagnostics for diseases beyond cancer, including neurodegenerative diseases.
About Exosome Diagnostics
Exosome Diagnostics is a privately held company focused on developing and commercializing revolutionary biofluid-based diagnostics to deliver personalized precision healthcare that improves lives. The company’s novel exosome-based technology platform, ExoLution™, can yield comprehensive and dynamic molecular insights to transform how cancer and other serious diseases are detected, diagnosed, treated and monitored. Visit www.exosomedx.com to learn more.
Exosome Diagnostics and ExoLution are registered and unregistered trademarks of Exosome Diagnostics, Inc.
Feinstein Kean Healthcare